Installing GCC on OpenSolarisMonday, 19 May 2008 17:35:44 · 1 minute read · Comments
Are you using the new OpenSolaris, released May 2008?
If you have tried to ./configure any sources, you will find that you can’t, because the gcc isn’t in your PATH. To get gcc on your PATH, do the following:
- System > Administration > Package Manager
- Search all packages for gcc
- Install SUNWgcc
- Once installed, open Terminal (right click on desktop)
- Use: export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sfw/bin
- Now everything should be fine!